Monday, December 31, 2012

12 Best of 2012, Part II

As promised yesterday, here is Part II of my top 12 of 2012:


Double Monk shoes were something I had been dreaming of for years, when they exploded on the scene. I attribute this to a picture of my Grandfather during WWII, in his khaki pilot best, sitting on steps, wearing a snazzy pair of cap-toed monk strap shoes. Before - and after - the war, he worked in menswear, so I suppose his shoes shouldn't elicit too much surprise. I was able to snap these up at 1/2 price from Haberdash (yay!), and they make looking sharp very easy. They go great with...


Tweed? Necessary for the cooler months, but not overly professorial in this contemporary cut by J.Crew. It looks great as a sportcoat worn over a shirt and tie, with nice dress pants, for a more formal affair, but it looks great dressed down with...


A slim straight leg by 3Sixteen in a ridiculously saturated dark indigo, which looks fantastic dressed up or down. I, not being the skinny type, can't pull off slim tapered, but these straight leg jeans give me a nice modern look, and are made of great selvedge, with black weft threads, causing great electric fades. I bought mine at Self Edge, and you can't go wrong entrusting your denim wants to Kiya. The back patch is made by Tanner Leather Goods, and they also made my...
 

Tanner Goods wallet. My old wallet was getting real ratty, and my in-laws were nice enough to get me this sweet replacement. I love Tanner, I have one of their belts, and can say nothing but positive things about it. Hopefully this little number will give me great pocket fades in my 3Sixteens. If I wear them with...


A Levi's Trucker Jacket for the Canadian tuxedo look. Two points in this outfits favor? 1) Corduroy instead of denim and 2) Type II pleats down the front. My favorite jean jacket look. Oh yeah, warm sherpa lining, and hand pockets. It's my go-to winter casual jacket. If I feel like going one stop above sneakers or boots, I wear...


Ridiculously comfortable, these camp mocs by Eastland, part of their 1955 collection, are truly multipurpose shoes. Lazy Sunday? Throw 'em on. Late for work? Throw 'em on. These are damn near zombie apocalypse level on the run shoes.

Well, there you have it. My favorites of 2012. I'll catch you all next year!


No comments:

The Watchery